FMG’s Christmas Creek Mine required a 350m section of HDPE lined steel. The mine’s current OPF2 Tails Line was covered by the Coarse Ore Stockpile (COS) and the condition of this section of pipe was unknown.
If the pipe failed, an extended (and costly) unplanned OPF shutdown was likely. To cut downtime, the section of the pipe underneath the COS was to be replaced with recycled pipe from the decommissioned Windich Tails Line.
The scope of works included:
- Construction of a new pipeline corridor in the OPF Area
- Recovery of the decommissioned pipeline
- Construction of the new 350m HDPE lined steel pipeline
- Bolt up the existing pipeline
- Tie-in 2 into existing pipeline under OPF shutdown
- Tie-in 1, Locate and uncover existing 40 meters of Pipeline remove and replace with a new pipeline
- Commission and hydro test pipeline
We’re proud to say that the project went like clockwork, and FMG successfully avoided any unplanned shutdowns.