FMG undertook a review of Solomon’s forecasted water balance and identified the requirement to reequip and abstract water from the existing stockyards borefield. This borefield, along with future borefields in the lower Fortescue area would be used to supply up to 250 L/s of water for use throughout the Solomon site.
The existing Solomon Drive Turkeys Nest will be used to store the bore water before being transferred by a new High Pressure (HP) pump station up to the existing Raw Water Break Tank. This transfer will be achieved through a newly installed DN630 HP HDPE pipeline. In addition to this, water will also be gravity fed down to the existing 17M Dam Raw Water Storage Facility (RWSF) via a newly installed DN630 HDPE supplementary gravity main.
TCD’s key deliverables included:
- Upgrade of stockyards Turkey’s Nest with new electrical pumps and associated steel piping.
- Cleaning and rectification of existing Turkey’s Nest.
- Installation of new high-pressure pipes through the pond wall.
- Installation of new electrical pumps.
- Installation of new steel pump station, with associated valving.
- Hydro testing of new pump station and piping.