TCD were engaged by FMG to complete various scopes of work for its new overland conveyor, transfer station and remote crushing hub at its Solomon Mine Site, as part of the Queens Conveyor Project. The scope of works included:
- Establishment, management and rehabilitation of borrow pits.
- Bulk earthworks for portions of the overland conveyor (OLC) embankment, the head-end drive station pad and skybridge abutments.
- Detailed earthworks including sheeting for the entire length of the OLC and its maintenance track and the primary crushing pad, excavations for footings and construction of crane pads.
- Installation of Corrugated Steel Pipe (CSP) culverts and associated scour protection.
- Cutting, forming and trimming drainage channels.
- Design and construction of two (2) tunnels which will enclose the OLC and adjacent maintenance track to allow heavy and light vehicles to pass over.
- Concrete works for the tunnel footings.
- Other temporary and miscellaneous design and construct works.